Welcome to Ohef Sholom Temple and Thank You for visiting our website!
Ohef Sholom Temple continues to provide Hampton Roads Jewish families with the opportunity to experience the best that Jewish Congregational Life has to offer. Our Temple embodies the ritual warmth and ceremonial beauty of our Jewish tradition while serving as the center for worship services, life-cycle events, education, social activities and meetings for congregants of all ages. We are a thriving Reform congregation, welcoming those of all religious backgrounds, race, and sexual orientation.
We welcome Jews by birth, Jews by choice, and Jews at heart.
There are many benefits of Temple membership including:
- Inspiring Spiritual Worship Services
- Being Part of an open and inclusive Temple Family that truly care for and enjoy each other
- Availability of Rabbis and Cantor for life-cycle events
- The Monthly Bulletin – available online or by mail
- Notification of Yarhzeits of Loved Ones
- Creative & Outstanding Adult Programming
- Beautiful Music and Musical Programming with a volunteer choir open to all
- High Holy Day Tickets
- Outstanding Opportunities for Family Jewish Learning
- The Largest Religious School in Southeast Virginia
- Social activities for all ages – singles, young couples, young familes, baby boomers and seniors
- Many volunteer opportunities both within the Temple walls, as well as outside, giving back to the community and participating in Tikkun Olam
- The Largest Jewish Religious School in Southeast Virginia offering many avenues for your children to learn about and embrace their Jewish identity.
- Ohef Sholom Temple Youth Groups (OSTY & JOSTY)
Members of long standing can attest to the friendships started at Ohef Sholom Temple, as they often reminisce about Religious School carpool cafés, Purim carnivals, and Shabbat Dinners. They can tell you about how wonderful it was to share a simchah with Temple friends, and how supportive the entire Temple community can be in times of need. To become a member of Ohef Sholom Temple, one must fill out this application and make the suggested membership dues commitment or greater. There are no additional charges for High Holy Day services, but there is tuition for Religious and Hebrew School students.
OST’s policy, in the spirit of our mission statement to be a Congregation for all Peoples, is to not refuse membership because of financial inability to pay the full membership contribution. All dues adjustment requests are held in strict confidence, and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Members who believe they qualify for a financial reduction should mail the dues relief application to the Temple office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to making a financial commitment, we hope that our members will make a commitment to participate fully in the life of the synagogue by attendance at services, various educational and social programs, and by volunteering their time and energy as needed. Participation is truly the best way to make friends and quickly being integrated into OST Temple life.
We are delighted that you are considering making Ohef Sholom Temple a part of your life!
Give us a call at 757-625-4295, or email email@example.com Wto talk further about the benefits, costs and privileges of membership at Ohef Sholom Temple and/or to make an appointment to come in for a tour of our beautiful facility and to meet our clergy and staff.
Your Future Temple Family