Join our Family
We Welcome Jews by Birth, Jews by Choice, and Jews at Heart. ❤️
As a thriving Reform congregation in Hampton Roads, our Temple embodies the ritual warmth and ceremonial beauty of Jewish tradition while creating a community for those of all religious backgrounds, races and sexual orientations. Our Temple also serves as a center for worship, Life-Cycle events, education, social engagement and as a safe meeting space for congregants of all ages.
Benefits of Temple Membership
- Inspiring Spiritual Worship Services
- Being Part of an open and inclusive Temple Family that truly cares for and enjoys each other
- Availability of Rabbis and Cantor for Life-Cycle events
- The Monthly Temple pOST Bulletin – available online or by mail
- Notification of Yahrzeits for Loved Ones
- Creative & Outstanding Adult Programming
- Beautiful Music and Musical Programming with a volunteer choir open to all
- High Holy Day Tickets
- Outstanding Opportunities for Family Jewish Learning
- Social activities for all ages – singles, young couples, young families, baby boomers and seniors
- Many volunteer opportunities both within the Temple walls, as well as outside, giving back to the community and participating in Tikkun Olam
- One of the best Religious Schools in Southeastern Virginia offering many avenues for your children to learn about and embrace their Jewish identity.
- Ohef Sholom Temple Youth Groups (OSTY & JOSTY)
Still Have Questions About Becoming a Member?
For more information on the benefits, costs and privileges of becoming a member at Ohef Sholom Temple, to make an appointment for a tour of our beautiful facility, and/or to meet our clergy and staff, please contact Nina Kruger at (757) 625-4295 ext 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a membership inquiry to us online and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Need Financial Assistance Becoming A Member?
In the spirit of our mission statement as “A House of Prayer for All Peoples,” OST’s policy is to not refuse membership because of financial inability to pay the full membership contribution. All dues adjustment requests are held in strict confidence, and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Members who believe they qualify for a financial reduction should submit a Dues Adjustment Application online or by mail to the Temple office.