We of Ohef Sholom: Who Are “We” Exactly?
We Are A House of Prayer For All Peoples
- Jewish people of every age, couples and families, who represent all forms of Jewish practice.
- Interfaith relationships and other religious beliefs.
- Those with special needs and members of the LGBTQ communities.
- Our affairs with respect, loving-kindness, openness and honesty.
- Financial operations in a responsible and sustainable way.
- All people are created in the image of God.
We Strive to Better Our World
We practice our religion through:
- Weaving Jewish spirituality into our acts of caring.
- Improving ourselves, our relationships, our communities and beyond.
We Connect With Our Community
We engage in outreach to:
- Share our faith and values with Jewish and non-Jewish communities.
- Celebrate what we all have in common.
We Are Proud of Our Heritage
We express our pride through:
- Preserving our Temple and its long history as a house of Reform Jewish continuity.
- Uplifting worship, soulful music and engaging programming.
We Encourage Jewish Learning
We provide programs for all ages to:
- Study Torah and Jewish texts to guide each person’s spiritual journey.
- Engage in lifelong learning.
We Are Committed to Israel
We strengthen our ties through:
- Learning about our religious, historical, and cultural connections.
- Countering anti-Israel and anti-Semitic propaganda through education, communication, and travel.